Friday, July 20, 2012

Yesterday was a Slow Day in Food...



Staring down the barrel of what is sure to be a busy four day weekend combined with the focus and determination to finish my daughter's birthday present (her birthday was over a month ago) I did not make the Bintliff family dinner last night but my wonderful wife Nicole did, more on that later.

After we put the kids to bed, Nicole and I sat down to watch The Ides of March. While overall it was a pretty solid movie, it did contain perhaps my least favorite actor of all time, Phillip Seymour Hoffman. I get that he is an Oscar award winning, blah, blah, blah. I think he is the most pretentious looking windbag that ever graced the silver screen. If you have seen him in The Big Lebowski I am assuming that he carries himself much like that in real life. As matter of fact, if we happened to be cheetahs on the Serengeti Plains I imagine our boy PSH would be the ill water buffalo pulling up the rear of the heard destined to be our next meal. Personally, whenever I see him in a serious role, I just think back to his part in Twister as the zany and eccentric storm chaser, Dustin Davis and I think, how did we let THAT DUDE get THIS FAR?!? Ugh, I am often befuddled by popular culture and the allure of Mr. Hoffman remains to be one of those great mysteries to me. Even more mysterious is why ANYONE would have considered him for the movie Boogie Nights. Please excuse me as I toss last night's popcorn from my stomach into my kitchen trash can. And too much time has been wasted on that guy already, so moving on...
+

=
A heart healthy meal for a cheetah and its cub. And yes, I do imagine that PSH is really only made of cucumbers, peppers, carrots, and spinach. Just a hunch.

On to the important stuff. As I mentioned in the start, my wife also cooks dinner in this house and is an awesome maker of confectionery goodies. Also, she is really eager to ride the coattails (j/k honey) of success, so I have bestowed upon her the option of doing her own column on here. It will have some sort of catchy name such as From the Wife's Apron or Out of the Wife's Recipe Box, but I implore that you listen to her as she knows her stuff too. You can expect anything from juice recipes, tips on maintaining health, dessert recipes, diets, etc. The goal is to make this blog as user friendly and as well rounded as possible and personally, my wife is the smartest person I know so I am thrilled that she is doing this. Also helps to add a little perspective from a lady for the ladies. I will caution however that my wife is all business. Although she is a self proclaimed funny person, she has the outward comedic value of a...

I am just joking, she is very funny, beautiful, and wicked smart, unlike myself who is very funny looking and can at times be as dull and dimwitted as a gray crayola crayon. It seems as if the de-evolution of this blog post is occurring, so, this is The Flying Vegetable! signing off. Later, we shall dish.

2 comments:

  1. I never said I was a self-proclaimed funny person! Sometimes people think I'm funny because I'm sarcastic and I do things for shock value that people don't expect. But it is true, I'm not very that funny and even worse, I usually don't pick up on other people's humor. What can I say? I'm a type-A, math-brained, serious person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A type A math brained serious person who is the love of my entire life.

    ReplyDelete